Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What was the worst and tackiest wedding you ever went to?

this is the worst and tackiest wedding i went to..... lets see if you can top it





i went to the wedding of my second cousin-in-law, she is cousin

to my late husband. we never had that much to do with her family

her mother is late husband's cousin, it is odd none of the rest of

his family is like that, they didn't live right to much drinking.

they even got picked up for drinking and driving

well they sent me an invite and i decided to go seeing that they remembered me

and now i wished i stayed home



the wedding was in the living room of their house

bride is 8 months pregnant she wares a white hoodie and white minnie skirt

she walks in sticking her belly out more then it already was



i felt out of place i was the only one in a dress everyone was in jeans or shorts



i think the minster was a friend of theirs that got his license to marry people over the

internet, he told the groom you can tongue your bride now



that is what the groom did and he grabbed her butt, every one started hooting



i told them that i couldn't stay for the party that i had somewhere i had to go

but, stupid me locked the keys in the car, had to go back inside to call

a friend to bring me some keys,so i stayed for the party



the bride toast each other with bear cans that had a ribbon tied around them

the wedding cake topper was made of a barbbie doll stuffed to make

her look pregnant and a ken doll

when the dancing started the bride danced revolting, and the groom said to her

shake that baby, baby



my friend came with the keays and i was so glad to get out of there



do you have a wedding story to top that one



i would love to hear itWhat was the worst and tackiest wedding you ever went to?
One where all the food was deep fried.
My husband and I were married while serving in Iraq. The wedding started out fine in the mess hall.We invited 30 of our closest soldiers, but actually over 200 showed up out of respect and lined the walkway to the hall.That was amazing.About an hour into the wedding the barracks were bombed and there were 14 injuries and 1 death.....that is how we started our marriage....What was the worst and tackiest wedding you ever went to?
Yes my last one now Divorced my EX brought her son then 18 yrs a camera ,and he said don't get a photographer i will take all the wedding photos with hes 拢500. worth of equipment so we all stood there laughed and cried and two weeks after the wedding my EX said i have some bad news for you the photos my Son took of the wedding not one came out ,It all went down hill from then ,
My now ex-boyfriend and I flew to Hawaii so he could be the best man in his Army buddy's wedding. We spent money on two plane tickets, hotel for six days, food for six days, rented his tux, etc...went to the wedding, which was lovely...only to come to the reception at a local restaurant and find out after we've ordered that each guest was responsible for paying for their own meal and drink.



I used the money I was going to give them for a gift and paid for our meals.What was the worst and tackiest wedding you ever went to?
The worst wedding I went to was similar to the one you posted, but with a bizarre twist.



The couple was young. The bride was pregnant. The wedding was held in a living room. The bride was barefoot (claimed her feet were too swollen for shoes). The "reception" consisted of hotdogs and potato salad.



The bizarre twist was: up until the time my ex-husband and I received the invitation, we thought the bride and groom were brother and sister!



They were our next door neighbors, which consisted of a 50-ish year old couple, a 19 year old girl, an 18 year old boy, a 17 year old girl, and a 5 year old boy. When we first met them, the older couple simply said they lived there "with their children." We later found out the 17 year old girl was actually the 18 year old boy's girlfriend, whom they had taken in and had guardianship of, and the 5 year old boy was actually their grandson, from their 24 year old drug-addicted daughter (who didn't live with them).



My husband and I were a bit dressed up. Everyone else was in jeans. We didn't stay for the "reception" as their kitchen was filthy and we were afraid to eat anything. We gave them $50. She lost the baby a few months later and they were divorced about 2 years later.



This took place in Alabama. Swear to God.
hahahha, no, I do not have a story to top that hahhaha

I've been to a wedding with a large budget and a great location. but ultimately, lack or class, absence of consideration of others, greediness and a self-indulgent attitude, made this wedding the very worse: there were 18 GM and BM PLUS flower girl and ring bearer... and EACH had to make a speech, along with parents and the bride and groom so they were 24 speeches!!!!! Zzzzz

The ring bearer carried a wooden box monogrammed with their initials and the groom opened the box with a skeleton key with a golden tassel, the whole thing was RIDICULOUS.

Then we had to sit through a 20 minute slide show of the bride (yep, just her on a make believe photo shoot) and then do the stupid dollar dance on a $40K WEDDING! People had to fight over the tables because they were no seating arrangements, and there was not enough food for everyone. The bride;s side of the guest list showed up in shorts and flip flops.

The bride wanted to show the opulent cake they had bought and put it outsize for everyone to oohhh ahhh over it. Well, the cake melted! It was 100 degrees that day!! The venue was isolated, everyone has hungy and thisty and all we had was alcohol and cheese and crackers after being there at 930 am, ceremony was at 430 , we had no water and NO shade. It was a mess. The favors were piratied CD's of the couple's wedding music which as lame, with a picture of the bride on the cover. Tossed it in the trash. The thank you card arrive a year later with a collage of pictures of the bride, a mass generated message inside and 10 Cd's of the bride's photo shoot pictures. **GAGS!**

That was about 4 years ago and I'm still offended by it. We spent well over 2k in plane tickets, hotels, rental car, attire rental and gave them a $300 wedding gift, plus hours and hours of labor setting up center pieces, picking up candles and liquor, installing drapes and a stupid chandelier she wanted hung outdoors. My husband had to clinb a tree to hang it up and he was wearing a tuxedo!. When our wedding came about, they gave us $100. Grrrr! the whole thing was trashy.
I went to my cousin's wedding. Five members of our family chartered a plane from New England to Long Island, NY for the 12:00 noontime wedding. The ceremony and reception took place in a lovely glass room over looking the water in a restaurant/banquet hall.



There was a table set up with plastic cups, all full of water, without ice. And, on another table was a huge pot of coffee with styrofoam cups, powdered creamer and sugar with plastic spoons.



The meal was some veggie-type meatless meatloaf that looked like dog food. The mashed potatoes were instant freeze dried re-hydrated flakes and the green zucchini squash was overcooked. The music was a local radio station. There was a table set up for "wedding gifts" with a choice of charities for guests to donate, with suggested price donations ranging from $50. to $200. All of the guests were flabbergasted.



We felt like prisoners as were stuck there with only a plane and no car to get the heck out of there without asking another guest to leave, so we grinned and bared it. Soon enough word got out that there was a bar downstairs that served cold drinks and had a bar menu. As rude as it was, we went downstairs for drinks and some edible food. At that point we did not give a crap if we offended anyone because our actions were a reaction. It was mealtime, we were hungry and the food served at that reception was garbage. It was a hot July day and room temperature water was not cutting it.

Half of the reception found it's way downstairs to the bar. Hey, we are all Irish and need to wet our whistle!!
No tacky wedding but the way I was treated at my ex BIL's wedding WAS very tacky.



I was married to my ex-husband at the time. I was the eldest and only daughter in law, married to the groom's oldest brother and mother to the first born and only grandchildren, the ex-BIL's only nieces.

My ex-husband was one of the groomsmen.



I was not sat at the head table with my in laws but at one of the back tables with neighbors who the bride used to babysit for. They kept asking me why I wasn't at the head table when they found out what relationship I had with the bridal couple.



When my ex-MIL saw where her new daughter in law's father had seated me ( the father of the bride insisted on doing the table seating plan) she almost blew a fuse....The MOB tried to smooth it over by running over to my table %26amp; my MIL's table, apologizing for her husband And every time she saw me that night!.....I stayed gracious...my ex-MIL did NOT....the Bride's father, who had been raised by his two elder sisters, dragged him into the lobby and we could hear them loudly reaming him out over the social slap he had given me...in both english and italian. He avoided both myself and my ex-MIL the whole night.



When it came time to do the family portraits no one, not even my own husband ( at the time) noticed I wasn't there- ( I assumed I had been in the ladies room when they called for family)...prophetic I guess lol......anyway it wasn't caught until the wedding portraits arrived...and ex-MIL blew another fuse. Now both her and her son should have noticed I was missing too, but we won't get into that hahaha....



Oh, the prime rib was medium 'rare' alright....I was afraid to put my fork to it for fear of it mooing...the blood had run into all the side dishes and it was gross...now I like my meat medium rare but NOT on the hoof....I think half the plates were sent back to the kitchen/left untouched........so I got salad , a roll and wedding cake as my meal.....



...plus my table was almost on top of the live band so I left the reception temporarily deaf. lol.
Ive never been to a "tacky" wedding but ive seen alot of tacky guests.



%26amp;%26amp;%26amp;
I thought my wedding was bad, but that took the cake! I was 6 months pregnant on my wedding (found out about the pregnancy 5 months before the wedding), but i at least tried to look nice, and tried to have a decent wedding. I did have to wear flip flops because my feet were so swollen from setting up the hall the night before. My mother in law's motorcycle club showed up in jeans and bought a ton of alcohol, on top of being drunker than a skunk. We only wanted 1 keg of beer. My mother in law was drunk before the wedding even at 10 am when we were getting our hair done. She kept telling everyone including my friends and family my husband only married because I got pregnant. My husband uncle had to go around and apologize for her behavior. Then the motorcycle club walked over to the wedding in the next room, and invited their guests to our wedding. I didn't know that until we got back from our honeymoon, but it explained why the other bride gave me dirty looks when we were leaving.
I love these stories, even if I can't top them! In fact, my story is about my sister and it's closest to what happened to Common Sense.

This person she knew through my BIL's family got married, and everything leading up to the wedding was high rent district stuff. Even though my sis had never even met the bride, she was invited to TWO showers and went to both (my sis is awesome, but she was born without a backbone). Then she got invited to the bachelorette, which was a THREE day extravanganza. I told her if she went, I'd never speak to her again :)

So the wedding took place...and then came the "reception". Guests dressed to the nines in a nice hotel. What they got for "dinner" was a dessert buffet (and not a big one) and several veggie platters. There was a full open bar and tons of champagne.

My BIL flipped! He gathered together all his friends and relatives and suggested they go to dinner. They retrieved their "cards" from the box and left. We later learned that the first thing these people did was subject their guests to a long slide show. While the lights were low, the second group of people bailed out so when the lights came back on, there were maybe 30 people left to enjoy the DJ. The bride was like "where did everyone go"? And her MOH was also MIA, maybe a couple bridesmaids as well. She had like 10 of them. Gawd.
Maybe the one where the bride was in her late 50's, wore a traditional white wedding dress (with veil), had her adult daughter as her attendant and her grandson as ring bearer and granddaughter as flower girl. Oh, yeah, this was her 4th marriage.



Maybe it was the one where the guests were the obnoxious ones. I spent hours doing the calligraphy for the place cards at the wedding breakfast and arranging the tables/guests like the bride wanted for her VERY formal wedding. Some of the guests didn't like that their date/spouse was seated at the head table and went around switching (and trashing) the place cards so they could sit where and with who they wanted. They loudly complained about the food and never once told anybody they enjoyed it, thank you etc... Then there was the reception.....somebody went to the store and came back with several cases of beer. Some of the cans were deliberately shaken so they would spew all over the guests. These same classless people changed into their finest white trash clothes before all of the formal pictures were taken. Before everyone had eaten some of them were fixing 'to go' plates because they wanted food for later (as in the next day). You get the idea.
Ive never been to a tacky wedding, but have a comical story. The day before my sister got married there was a terrible snow and ice storm. Her cake was being made by a person 30 miles away. It was too bad to drive 30 miles so we went to the grocery store and bought a sheet cake.
the worst wedding i went to was a mormon shotgun wedding where the bride was pregnant.. in the relief society room, bologna sandwiches and sheet cake.
I love these stories, thank you all for sharing them- I have laughed a lot. I don't know if this tops these, but at my aunt's reception she and her new husband both had way too much to drink and actually got into a fist fight. Everyone was sitting around at the reception hall eating dinner/ standing and talking when she punched him in the face and he fell back onto the buffet table. He got up and started swinging and it turned into a full-on fight. We, needless to say, promptly left.
The bride's dress had period blood on it, and the ring was made out of a twisty-tie (y'know, like the ones they tie bags with). The vows were really ambiguous, like they weren't really committing to anything. There was no honeymoon, but I gave the groom oral sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment