Saturday, February 25, 2012

What breaks am I entitled to as a delivery driver?

I work as a delivery driver for a major pizza delivery company, in a busy store in the south of England. I regularly work shifts of 7 or 8 hours at a time, and am never given a break. Today for example, I had to argue with my manager just to go get 2mins to go to the toilet 6 hours into a shift!


What is the law on this, I know lorry drivers are restricted on hours by a TACO system, how do we differ as delivery drivers? long periods of time on the road without opportunity to get food and drink defiantly affect your ability to concentrate on the road, making us a danger both to ourselves and other road users. What are my rights for breaks? and how do I go about making sure my manager gives them to me (as well as the other drivers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment