Sunday, March 4, 2012

What is the law that says that bill collectors cannot call you work?

I have a bill/collection agency who started to call my employment and I know its against the law. I want to be able to tell this person the exact law and quote from it so they can stop calling my job.What is the law that says that bill collectors cannot call you work?
I used to work collections, the laws may have changed. We could call at work, within reason, until the debtor asks us not too. IF that is the ONLY viable number we had for that debtor we were allowed ONE phone call after the request, to tell the debtor what the next step would be and then no more calls to work. If we had no other numbers all following communications would be in writing. And the standards we used are called: THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT. You can 'google' that for more extensive info.What is the law that says that bill collectors cannot call you work?
They cant once you tell them. If they do there are layers youcan see and persue harrassment charges. If you go into debt consalidation they will never call you again look into it really helped me.What is the law that says that bill collectors cannot call you work?
there is no law that says they can't call the work place. now, if you tell them it is a work place and personal calls like that are not permitted, they then have to stop calling the work place.
I just love Skullchic's answer. It highlights what I have been saying about collection agents. Ignorant, and don't care what the law says. The only way to get them to follow it is to threaten them with a lawsuit!



So tell me Skullchic....where in the FDCA does it say you are allowed one more call to someone at work? I've posted the law below....please point out where it says that?

No comments:

Post a Comment