Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Can anyone tell me the reality and expectations for law school?

I am planning to enroll in law school next month and so I would want advice from law students and even lawyers about what to expect, how the atmosphere is like, the subjects, the "terror" teachers, the student life, how stressful it is, and especially how to handle the Socratic method very well. I want to know the experiences of being in law school, both the most enjoyable and the most hellish. I would highly appreciate the point of view from law students themselves so I would prepare myself for it. Thanks!Can anyone tell me the reality and expectations for law school?
You first must have a very intense love for law. If you do not love every degree of law you wont like the classes. Law MUST be something you enjoy a lot, other wise the classes are long and boring and hard to pass. When you love law of all kinds and you enjoy learning the law (not the way you understand law but the way Law is meant to be understood) the classes come much easier and enjoyable.



You can NOT get too involved with other students. I say this because you will forget why you got in to law if you do and all your options will changed based on the crowd you choose to mix with and that is never a good thing. Don’t worry about the other students, most of them are fresh out of high School with no experience and they still call the criminal a “bad guy”.



I got in to law because I have and still have a passion for defending persons who were wrongly convicted, wrongfully treated by anyone, and because I don’t see everyone as “incurable”. But this is NOT the opinion of everyone entering law, most of them only wish to prosecute.



Once you have an idea of why you doing it, and you establish your love for law, the classes are really not so bad. I think the worse thing I came across were court issues. It was boring and long and a lot of details. Your expected to memorize a lot of cases that effect law today and that isn’t exactly easy to do. Aside from that I don’t remember any other issues.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment