Sunday, March 4, 2012

What is the law regarding self defense? Can a person use a weapon to defend themselves?

Bq: How do you feel about this law? Is it so ridiculous that you should ignore this law and accept the consequences?What is the law regarding self defense? Can a person use a weapon to defend themselves?
Don't know exactly what the law is. Depends on the situation. I do know if you're outside and somebody tries to stab you without provocation, if you manage to stab them with their own knife you will end up in jail.



I believe the logic in this must revolve around the idea that if you're competent enough in a fight to disarm your attacker then there was no need to kill them. I suspect this would not apply to a woman who manages to kill her attacker but she'd have to prove beyond doubt she was attacked in the first place.



I believe the law is different if someone comes into your home against your will, (doesn't apply if you invite them though).



I'll do what it takes to neutralize my attacker . I wouldn't use a weapon unless I had no other choice.



Although having said that, I do believe that America has got it right with the right to bear arms. In the UK we don't have that right but it sure is funny how the bad guys always have weapons.
The law is that 'reasonable' force may be used. So you can't shoot someone dead for trying to burgle your house, but you could use a weapon if they were trying to kill you or your family, as long as once you had removed the threat you got away, rather than stayed and continued to lay into them. It's all about what is deemed to be reasonable force.



I feel this is a sensible law as long as judges don't get silly about it (as they do sometimes) - you shouldn't be allowed to kill someone for a minor crime like trespass, for example. To ignore the law is ridiculous - the law is there for a reason, after all. To say 'I'm going to ignore the rules and just accept the consequences' doesn't make you much better than a criminal.What is the law regarding self defense? Can a person use a weapon to defend themselves?
The law is different depending on your state. In some states you can鈥檛 defend yourself with a weapon (you will be charged with the same crime). In other states you can only use enough force (that includes a weapon) to prevent body injury for you or your family.

I can tell you that California will charge you with the same crime. I defended myself with a bat to his hunting knife. We both got the same sentence.
Every one has right to defend and save their live in this entire world and of course where ever you are in this world you can use a weapon to defend yourself in critical condition.but you can't carry a weapon to saying that you are carrying it to defend your self. Carrying a weapon will be illegal....What is the law regarding self defense? Can a person use a weapon to defend themselves?
different places have different rules. But you said is it ridiculous? I say no! If 4 guys stormed into your house beat you down then tied you up as some loot your house while the other 2 guys are having their time with your wife and daughter. if it was me and i got loose I would shoot every one of them. They are in my house destroying my property, hurting my wife and my child in a way that they will be scarred for life for something they didn't deserve. I wouldn't look back at shooting them.
It depends where you live. In California the law is ridiculous. In Texas, a person can shoot anyone they want if they trespass, in California, it's a freaking crapshoot.
yes
  • google translations
  • benihana
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment