Saturday, March 10, 2012

What does the law say regarding carrying a valid form of identification?

Is there any law that says US citizens are required to carry valid identification on their person at all times? What about in Florida?What does the law say regarding carrying a valid form of identification?
No. according to the u.s. supreme court, police can sometimes demand that you identify yourself, but the court was careful to point out that does not mean that police can demand that you produce some form of identification. If there was, nothing would stop you from simply printing your name on a business card and handing it over. Of course, when driving, you must have your license, but pedestrians have no such requirement.What does the law say regarding carrying a valid form of identification?
I don't know if there is a law in Florida about being required to carry ID. I live in Florida, but even if I'm walking to a store, I always carry ID. I figure if I'm hit by a car, at least it will be known who I am and where I live.What does the law say regarding carrying a valid form of identification?
It is just common sense to carry ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment